Happy Wellness Wednesday!
Did you know that the average length of a hug between 2 people is 3 seconds?
Researchers have discovered, when a hug lasts 20 seconds there is a therapeutic effect on the body and mind.
Call to action
· We need 4 hugs a day for survival.
· We need 8 hugs a day for maintenance.
· We need 12 hugs a day for growth
· A positive embrace produces a number of hormones including; Oxytocin. The happy hormone!
· Oxytocin has many benefits on our physical and mental health. We feel relaxed, safe and calm.
· Oxytocin is free and readily available. Ignite it by hugging others or yourself. Many clients we work with use the technique of a mind hug; it is extremely beneficial to help regulate children on the Autistic Spectrum.
· Reflexology uses the technique of touch-a hug for the feet.
· A simple sprinkle of gentle pressure can help the body relax. If you would like to know more about the wonderful world of reflexology and how it can help you, then please contact Woodlands to arrange a booking with Nikky Dugdale.